Accountor CPA: Case Studies
Case Study: TAAFI
Toronto’s animation festival brings you eye-popping shorts and features from around the world. TAAFI also does an industry talks by a selection of the finest folks who create the art we love. From directors and creators to producers and artists, our focused track of featured programming is sure to peak your interest. From feature film or effect animation to television, international directors to local indie heroes, our programming mixes the best of animation in all its forms.
TAAFI was using a combination of excel sheets and QB for their bookkeeping which resulted in information being all over the place and not consolidated. TAAFI was also looking to pay their payables online and have multiple approvals levels based on specific parameters, the old way was to pay by cheque. Tracking was not done too well across all of their events every year.
- A combination of QB and excel sheets was used for their bookkeeping system – no way to centralize information;
- Payables were paid by cheque with no way to track;
- Events profitability was not tracked well, costs and profits were attributed incorrectly.
- Xero was built from scratch and integrated all their information sources into one;
- Tracking categories were set up to track profitability by event, this resulted in the company understanding which event was the main profit driver for the year;
- Plooto was set up with multi level authorizations based on role and amount to make sure that the right people authorized the right transactions;